Sindh government is considering closing schools for students up to eighth grade in the province in wake of worsening COVID-19 situation.
Saeed Ghani – Sindh Education Minister, chaired a meeting of a steering committee on Saturday (today) during which the proposal was tabled by members to close schools for up to eighth grade and continue classes for students of grade nine till 12. Another proposal was to close schools for 15 days.
Proposals of the committee will be presented to National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) to decide on the issue, said Saeed Ghani.
Meanwhile, a representative of private schools reportedly raised an objection as to why schools should be closed when markets are open.
Sindh Government Announces School Timings For Ramazan
Earlier, Sindh government has announced revised school timings for the month of Ramazan.
- Monday to Thursday (first shift): 7:30 am – 11:30 am
- Monday to Thursday (second shift): 11:45 am – 2:45 pm
- Friday (first shift): 7:30 am -10:30 am
- Friday (second shift): 10:45 am – 1:15 pm
- Monday to Thursday and Saturday: 8 am – 1:30 pm
- Friday: 8 am – 12 noon