Sindh govt allocates specific land for graveyard for coronavirus victims

Karachi: Sindh government has allocated land for graveyard for the burial of victims of coronavirus.

Sindh government has allocated a land at Link Road- a road connecting Super Highway and National Highway in the city- for the graveyard.

The area, spanning over 80 acres of land will only be used to bury those who will have died from coronavirus.

According to the report issued by Sindh health department, 230 cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in Karachi with 64 cases reported in Saddar, 58 in Gulshan-e-Iqbal, 35 in Nazimabad, 17 in Gulberg, 15 in Jamshed Town and 10 in Malir area.

Site Area, Gadap, Korangi and Landhi areas have reported two virus cases each.
As per the report, 64.18 per cent of the patients are male while the remaining 35.82 per cent female patients.

A district wise breakdown of the cases reveal that district East has reported 14 per cent of the total cases in the city, followed by 13 per cent in district Central, 11 per in district South, 2 per cent in district West and district Malir while the Korangi district has reported one per cent of the cases.