Federal Bureau of Revenue (FBR) issued 2018 tax details of Prime Minister, provincial Chief Ministers (CMs) and other elected officials.
According to the details revealed by FBR, Prime Minister Imran Khan paid Rs 282,449 in taxes, whereas his cabinet members including Planning and Development Minister Asad Umar paid Rs – 5,346,342; Information and Broadcasting Minister Shibli Faraz – Rs 367,460; Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi – Rs 183,900; Defence Minister Pervez Khattak – Rs 1,826,899; Aviation Minister Ghulam Sarwar Khan – Rs 1,046,669 and Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed paid Rs 579,011.
Details of other key government officials are;
- Law Minister Farogh Naseem – Rs 35,135,459
- Aviation Minister Ghulam Sarwar Khan – Rs 1,046,669
- Power Minister Omar Ayub Khan – Rs 26,055,517
- Communications and Postal Services Minister Murad Saeed – Rs 374,728
- Education Minister Shafqat Mahmood – Rs 231,730
- Economic Affairs Minister Khusro Bukhtiar – Rs 624,292
- Maritime Affairs Minister Ali Haider Zaidi – Rs 896,191
- National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser – Rs 537,730
- Senate Chairperson Sadiq Sanjrani – Rs 1,363,414
- State Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Ali Muhammad Khan – Rs 430,695
Furthermore, CM Balochistan Jam Kamal paid Rs Rs4,808,948 in taxes – the highest tax among the four provincial chief executives, whereas CM Punjab Usman Buzdar did not pay any tax in 2018.
CM Sindh Murad Ali Shah and CM KP Mahmood Khan paid Rs1,022,184 and Rs 235,982 respectively.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi – former PM and PML-N’s Senior Vice President topped the list and paid Rs 241,329,362 in taxes.
Meanwhile Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari Rs 294,117, whereas his father and former president Asif Ali Zardari paid Rs 2,891,455.