ROME: Italy on Monday has announced to continue with the lockdown until mid-April to stem COVID-19 outbreak that claimed a world-leading 11,591 lives in the country.
Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte has said that the near three-week shutdown “had been very tough economically. “It cannot last very long,” he said. “We can study ways (of lifting restrictions). But it will have to be done gradually.”
Health Minister Roberto Speranza announced to extend all containment measures at least until April 12 or Easter. The lockdown in Italy as per the previous decision was to be lifted on Friday.