Hajj 2020 refunds are to begin from July 2 after the Saudi Arabia government’s announcement of limiting Hajj to pilgrims residing in Saudi Arabia.
Pakistan’s Ministry of Religious Affairs and Inter-faith Harmony has announced that the federal government has decided to refund the sum already paid by Hajj 2020 applicants for pilgrimage this year as no foreign pilgrims will be allowed to perform Hajj this year.
According to the ministry, Hajj applicants can get their money back from July 2, and are directed to contact accounts officer for refunds at 051- 9208465.
Read More: Pakistan to mull over Hajj 2020 situation
Furthermore, the guidelines issued by the ministry for Hajj 2020 refunds are:
- Applicants must have their original NIC and bank receipt when visiting the concerned bank branch.
- Applicant must himself appear and cannot use any proxy.
- Group leader must have the details and essential documents of applicants to obtain Banker;s cheque.
- In case of the concerned branch being closed, services of any other branch of the same bank can be availed for the refund.
- Hajj applicants are being informed about the details via automated SMS service.
For any further details and queries, Hajj applicants can reach out at Hajj inquiry helpline;